Tips to Ease The Transition
Quitting smoking can be difficult. Since you still get the nicotine by vaping, switching should be easy, right? Wrong. Many people try to switch to vaping and end up going back to cigarettes within a week, but HOPO makes the transition easier. Vaping is considered by many to be a less harmful alternative to smoking cigarette. It will be easier to make the switch if you know what to expect. The HOPO device is perfect for beginner vapers because you don’t have to worry about coils, wattage/voltage, and refilling your e-liquid. Here are a few tips for beginner vapers switching to HOPO.
Expect to cough more for the first few days. – Your lungs deal with “foreign particles” on a daily basis. When you first started smoking cigarettes, you coughed until your lungs got adjusted to the smoke. Vapor affects your lungs differently than smoke, so your lungs need time to adjust. Have you ever been in a hot shower and felt like it was a little more difficult to breathe? Vaping follows the same concept except that the vapor is made of Propylene Glycol, which dries out your lungs instead of humidifying it. This can cause your throat to be dry and irritated for the first few days. Try to stay hydrated and tough it out.
Don’t smoke cigarettes at the same time. – The main reason to avoid smoking cigarettes is that it will be harder for your lungs to adjust to vaping if you are doing both. It will also be harder to determine if you are at the right nicotine level because you will be getting nicotine from two places.
Know how to pull on a vape – There are two main methods used when vaping. See which method is right for you and what product is the best fit for your method.
The DL, or deep lung, method is used to pull the vapor straight into your lungs quickly. This technique is typically used with low resistance coils and nicotine levels under 6mg/mL.
Many people prefer to breathe using the MTL, or mouth-to-lung, method which involves pulling smoke into your mouth, holding it there for a few seconds, and then breathing it into your lungs. This is similar to how you would smoke a cigar, except you actually inhale the vapor. MTL inhaling is typically used with high resistance coils and higher nicotine levels.
- The DL, or deep lung, method is used to pull the vapor straight into your lungs quickly. This technique is typically used with low resistance coils and nicotine levels under 6mg/mL.
- Make sure you know what Nicotine level you need- Since juice does not contain all the chemical additives that you would find in a cigarette, it will feel different to your throat. Talk with your shop and let them know how many cigarettes you smoke per day so they can help you find your correct nicotine level. HOPO's products are available in 20mg/mL nicotine concentration.
If you are new to vaping, do not start with an advanced mod – These mods are going to have a lot more power and are typically too complicated for a beginner. They are more expensive and you will need a working knowledge of how to fix and maintain your mod. We recommend trying basic vapes such as HOPO first where your major focus is inhaling. Once you get the basics down, then you could switch to a more advanced mod if you please.
Do your own research – There are many different types of products on the market, so talk to one of our vape experts or do research in order to make an informed decision. Some questions to ask yourself include:
- Do I want an device that I don’t have to refill manually?
- Do I want a small device that I can easily use without it being obvious?
- Do I want to build my own coils?
- Do I want to be able to regulate the temperature and wattage myself?
If you answered “yes” to the first two and “no” to the second two, then HOPO is right for you!
- Ask questions – If you are new to this, it can be complicated! You need to know your nicotine level and how to inhale most effectively. Make sure that you ask questions. Feel free to contact us with anything else you may need help with.